Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

a non-kosher sunny day

This past Saturday was such a treat! We traveled two hours to the Galilee region for a fun day in the hot springs plus a cook out. Although, the hot springs were more like warm springs, but no one was complaining considering that it was probably close to 80 degrees that day. Plus the clear water was absolutely marvelous! The last time I saw such water was when we traveled to Bermuda several years back; even though it was fairly deep, you could still see to the bottom. 
Aside from the beautiful surroundings, we were given the opportunity to eat some non-kosher burgers! Now, I am not known to get all giddy for meat, but this day I could barely contain my excitement to eat burgers WITH cheese. Since meat and dairy together is a big big no-no for Kosher abiding folks, the restaurants here can not have meat in the facility if they are serving dairy and vis versa. Therefor, since we are living in Kosherville, we have not had a nice burger (with cheese) since the States. Needless to say, we enjoyed this day very much. 



5 comments:

  1. OH MAN. that looks like so much fun. Definitely beats a lake :\ You already look tan too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I notice that I tan faster here than I have in the past in other places. Although, I have a farmer's tan:( Ankle socks and t-shirt kind of a tan. I guess that calls for some more sun to even it out, right?

      Delete
  2. Allison in the Wonderland :)March 28, 2012 at 9:54 PM

    why dont you guys wear swim suits?? Are you guys not allowed or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do wear them, "Allison." We just don't post them on the world wide web, sorry. :)

      Delete
  3. Allison in the Wonderland :)March 31, 2012 at 4:45 AM

    ohhh man!! I was really looking forward to see that muscular body of yours. I need competition.

    ReplyDelete